If you like weird, dirty, agonizing movies, then you’re up for a treat.
The Paperboy is about this person who allegedly kills a sheriff, imprisoned, without fair trial. Thus, public interest on his case ensued and so did journalistic endeavors to propel the story. There’s this journalist and his assistant. They go to the journalist’s hometown where the “killer” did the crime and is also incarcerated. They invite the “killer’s” pen-pal/girlfriend (Nicole Kidman) to help with the case. Paperboy is Zack Efron – the journalist’s (Matthew McConaughey) brother. Paperboy gets a huge crush at “killer’s girlfriend”, and all. Journalist takes a homo relationship with his assistant. The Black issue is raised. Family issues raised. Blah, I still need to practice explaining big stuff as this movie and I’m trying not to offend, so here’s the link.
Based on a true story, the plot is troubling and effective with the cast acting the characters well, and viewers taken to different places and treats of dirty titillation brought to you by Nicole Kidman.
Nicole Kidman was pulling off sensuality 5x more than Julia Roberts’ Erin Brokovich.
Zack Efron plays the toned down acting, creating balance in the film.
Matthew McConaughey makes it good as a closeted gay.
The sex is quite graphic in here and I’ve got no qualms with that, only that it makes the film disturbing.
For its weirdness, I dig it.
For some fun posts and movie reviews :
- Pitch Perfect is my comfort movie #1!
- Revolutionary Road: A house is not a home.
- The Lovely Bones is that nice chick crime mystery book you read in grade school.
- Adam makes stars, telescopes and minimalism way too cool.
- Remember Me is one memorable 9/11 romantic flick.
- Anything Could Happen is what made me an Ellie Goulding fan.
- Harlem Shake makes wriggling a new dance craze.
- Beyonce rocked it out at the Superbowl.
- The Impossible: Either they live or die stars do shine.
- ‘Katy Perry: Part of Me’ is a trip on rocky road to candy store!
- ‘Ruby Sparks’ is soft, fresh and gripping.
- Dark Shadows is the Depp as a potty-mouthed old English vampire!
- Confessions of a Shopaholic: Shopping is heaven but bills are tickets down there.
- Meryl Streep’s ‘Julie and Julia’ is funny and gastronomic!
- ‘The Blind Side’ reminds us to give back.
- Titanium is a song as hard as steel.
- Crowne Plaza Galleria Manila and some past I had.
Thank you very much.