To supplement more of this week’s meditative spirit, here are more words from Dadi Janki’s Chapter 3 – The Power of Purity:
- Purity enables me to make my thoughts and actions free from the negativity, waste and weakness that were created when I ceased to understand myself as a spiritual being, and thought of myself only as the offspring of my physical parents and circumstances.
- You may be experiencing peace through having moved away from your responsibilities. Or people may be giving you love just to keep you happy. As long as there is some weakness mixed inside, however, you can’t really experience peace or happiness. You love will not be constant, either. Sometimes you’ll stay loving, and sometimes you’ll not even be capable of giving love to yourself.
- In the same way, the true peace of God, the peace and understanding that taste so sweet, that give so much strength and wisdom, will only stay within where there is purity. Purity makes your mind and intellect like gold.
- Purity gives the recognition of how valuable truth is. Then, when rubbish does come inside, you are readily able to recognize it and remove it. When this habit of maintaining inner cleanliness is firmly established, it’s as if God’s help is always close at hand.
Let us continue to pray, live and love.
For some fun posts and movie reviews (not totally in for the season yet good reads anyway):
- Pitch Perfect is my comfort movie #1!
- Revolutionary Road: A house is not a home.
- The Lovely Bones is that nice chick crime mystery book you read in grade school.
- Adam makes stars, telescopes and minimalism way too cool.
- Remember Me is one memorable 9/11 romantic flick.
- Anything Could Happen is what made me an Ellie Goulding fan.
- Harlem Shake makes wriggling a new dance craze.
- Beyonce rocked it out at the Superbowl.
- The Impossible: Either they live or die stars do shine.
- ‘Katy Perry: Part of Me’ is a trip on rocky road to candy store!
- ‘Ruby Sparks’ is soft, fresh and gripping.
- Dark Shadows is the Depp as a potty-mouthed old English vampire!
- Confessions of a Shopaholic: Shopping is heaven but bills are tickets down there.
- Meryl Streep’s ‘Julie and Julia’ is funny and gastronomic!
- ‘The Blind Side’ reminds us to give back.
- Titanium is a song as hard as steel.
- Crowne Plaza Galleria Manila and some past I had.
Thank you very much. Time for more meditation.